Global Center on Private Financing of Higher Education
BackgroundEstablished in 2006, the Global Center on Private Financing of Higher Education (GCPF) is committed to widening access around the world by identifying global solutions to address growing concerns about paying for postsecondary education. The center serves as a central repository of comprehensive data and trend analysis of private financing strategies and tools—ranging from corporate scholarships and other philanthropic aid to private loans, bond issues, and public and private partnerships. Activities of the center include producing issue briefs and studies, providing trend analysis, and offering expert commentary.
GCPF Advisory Board
- Thomas D. Parker, Ed.D., Senior Associate
- John Hupalo, Executive Vice President, First Marblehead Corporation
- Bruce Johnstone, Professor, Higher and Comparative Education, University at Buffalo, State University of New York; and Director, International Comparative Higher Education Finance and Accessibility Project
- Andrey Kortunov, President, New Eurasia Foundation, Moscow, Russia; and President, Information Scholarship Education Center
- Medhi Krongkaew, Commissioner, National Counter Corruption Commission of Thailand; and former Professor, School of Development Economics, National Institute of Development Administration
- Claire Mezzanotte, Managing Director of Structured Finance Asset Backed Securities, Fitch Ratings
- Teboho Moja, Professor of Higher Education, New York University; and Former Executive Director and Commissioner, South Africa’s National Commission on Higher Education
- Hong Shen, Professor, Huazhong University of Science and Technology Institute of Higher Education
Expertise and Trend AnalysisThe GCPF serves as an advisor to nations around the world that continually seek new knowledge about how to expand and raise the quality of their higher education systems. The center’s intellectual capital is composed of experts who can provide sound advice based on their in-depth understanding of private sector funding.
Data ClearinghouseThe GCPF examines the current, worldwide state of higher education relative to private sector funding. It focuses on understanding how private capital can help widen access to higher education as a supplement to government funding. A clearinghouse of resources provides extensive background material on the following topics: securitization, multilateral institutions, internationalization, philanthropy and endowments, university-industry collaboration, student loans, and tuition and fees.
IHEP is not responsible for information listed and materials available on third-party Web sites.
- The Private Financing of Higher Education
- The Global State of Higher Education and the Rise of Private Finance
- An Overview of Private Financing of Higher Education
- An Overview of the Global Center on Private Financing of Higher Education
© Institute for Higher Education Policy 1993-2008