Ranking systems, non-governmental accreditation, and institutional quality measures are ways in which colleges and universities are quantitatively assessed. IHEP examines all such institutional measures of college achievement, as well as state coordination and governance of higher education in order to help achieve more transparency and academic discussion concerning accountability. The following are IHEP's specific research areas related to accountability in higher education:
- Institutional quality measures
- Non-governmental accreditation
- Ranking systems
- State coordination and governance
Some Related Publications
- College and University Ranking Systems: Global Perspectives and American Challenges
- Making Accountability Work: Community Colleges and Statewide Higher Education Accountability Systems
- Michelle Asha Cooper, Ph.D.
- Clifford Adelman, Ph.D.
- Alisa Federico Cunningham
- Lacey H. Leegwater
- Thomas D. Parker, Ed.D.
© Institute for Higher Education Policy 1993-2010